05 Oct Top 10 Best Paint Colors for Your Basement (2021)
If you’ve recently renovated your basement or want to freshen up the area, one of your biggest questions may be deciding what color to paint the walls. The basement is one of the more versatile rooms of your house, and there are many color options you can explore depending on how you use the area.
Top 10 Paint Colors for Basements
As you experiment with colors for your basement, it’s a good idea to paint a small area of the wall and play around with your room’s lighting. By doing so, you will see how the color looks in various lighting arrangements and if the paint color is too dark or too light for the room.
Ready to narrow down your color choices? These 10 basement painting ideas can get you started:
- Off-white: For a small basement bedroom or den, try an off-white to make any light-deprived space feel larger.
- Pale blue: If you want your basement to feel like a relaxing retreat, try a pale blue for a calm and soothing feeling.
- Red: For game rooms or other spaces where you need a feeling of fun, try a fiery shade of red.
- Purple: If you need a peaceful home working space, painting the basement walls a paler purple can give the room a feeling of calm. For a sense of sophistication, try a darker shade.
- Gray: Gray can bring an air of elegance, which can be perfect if you often use your basement for entertaining or even just for work.
- Cream: For spaces such as basement offices or laundry rooms, a cream color can be calming and inviting without causing additional distractions so you can focus on what you need to accomplish.
- Navy blue: A shade of navy blue can add a bold and dramatic flair to spaces such as basement kitchens or guest rooms without making them feel confined.
- Green: For inspiration in your home office or craft room, try different shades of green. They can create anywhere from a cozy to a fun-loving atmosphere.
- Yellow: For a bright basement apartment, try a light to medium yellow shade to instantly brighten the space.
- Brown: Brown is an ideal basement dining room color to make the space more welcoming.
Contact Neighborhood Painting Today
If you’re in the Kansas City area and want to spruce up your basement, call Neighborhood painting today. We offer free estimates and a free professional color consultation, so you can be sure to get the best paint for your space. Call us at 913-709-6151 or get in touch with us online!