17 Jan Popular Paint Colors for Living Rooms
Living rooms are the ideal place to entertain friends and family or unwind at the end of the day by watching television, reading or doing your favorite hobbies. These rooms are a central location in your home and are a great place to explore your personal style — go bold and energetic or inviting and casual. Discover the best living room paint trends for your home with the following color options.
Classic Living Room Paint Ideas
Which color you choose sets the tone for your space and delivers a specific mood and energy — neutrals, greens and yellows are popular living room colors because of their adaptability:
- Browns and neutrals: What makes neutrals a great option for your living room is their versatility — warm neutrals are inviting and comforting, while cooler tones create a more modern and striking style. Many choose having a brown or neutral wall color because they’re indicative of nature — encouraging a peaceful and rich space. Neutrals are also a great option for showcasing your bold furnishings and act as a great tie in your home, creating flow with other rooms that may have more color.
- Green: Like browns, greens are a great way to bring the outdoors inside. They’re earthy and soothing, while also stimulating your mind for conversation or creativity.
- Yellow: After a long day, yellow is a great color to have in your living room. Yellow is ideal for boosting your energy and giving you an edge for increased concentration and focus. Lighter yellows are also great for enhancing natural light and making your living room inviting and comfortable.
Stand out With Trendy Colors
Do you like to keep up with the latest trends? A fun way to stay stylish is by painting your living room in a new color:
- Statement in Black: Black is an up-and-coming popular neutral adding mystery and drama to a room.
- Simple Pastels: A soft green or pink is an ideal way to add a bit of color to your space without being overwhelming — pastels add an understated elegance while creating peace and harmony.
- Pretty in Pinks: Brighter pinks are great at setting a fun and bold mood. Lately, pink has evolved into complex color, working with a variety of styles.
- Calming Blues: Being home should be a sanctuary, and a great way to set the stage is by painting your walls in a soothing blue. Blue also has versatility to be modern, classic or coastal.
- Bold Greens and Yellows: Bright greens and yellows are often playful and energetic. Being bold in your color choices is a perfect way to add some fun to your space.
Find Your Best Living Room Paint Color
Make your living room a great place to hang out with friends and family — update your space with the help of Neighborhood Painting in Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO. Call us today at 913-709-6151 or use our online contact form to schedule an appointment. Explore which color works best for your home. We offer free estimates on projects and free color consultations to ensure your space looks and feels fantastic.