08 Mar Prairie Village $5,000 Exterior Remodel Grant
If you live in Prairie Village and own your home, you may be eligible for a $5,000 grant from the city. Grants are not loans, they are paid by the grantor. Maintaining a positive image is important to the city of Prairie Village. The appearance of a neighborhood plays a vital role in the perception of the quality of the community – we understand that and couldn’t agree more. The city wants to encourage homeowners to invest in their properties by making attractive improvements on building exteriors, including siding repair and/or exterior repainting. The improved appearance of homes makes neighborhoods more attractive, and contributes to the enhanced viability of the entire area, and to the entire community.
If you’re considering this program, we want to help. There’s a $20 application fee, and we’ll pay it FOR YOU if you want to sign up. The 2015 program has been so popular that there’s already a waiting list, but we will still pony up your application fee. While you’re at it, hit us up for a free color consultation. Only certain areas of the Prairie Village community qualify for the grant, please use the link to see if you qualify.
- The property must be located in one of the designated program areas.
- Based on the scope and type of improvement, a building permit may be required. All required building permits and approvals must be granted prior to the commencement of work.
- The improvement must be in conformance with the City of Prairie Village Municipal Code and other applicable building codes. Code violations must be corrected within 10 working days of notification of the violation, or grant will be forfeited.
- The grant will be awarded as a 20% reimbursement of total project cost. The total cost of the improvement must equal or exceed $5,000 with the maximum awardable grant amount being $2,500.
- Eligible improvements include, but are not limited to: complete exterior house painting or siding, door/window repair or replacement, new roof, masonry, awnings, building additions, and landscaping. New construction is also eligible.
- The property must be owner-occupied. Or, if the property is a rental property, the rental license must have been in place for the previous 365 days prior to approval.
Even if you don’t qualify for the $5,000 grant, making exterior repairs to your home are a great way to ensure your property value doesn’t lag. Interested in learning more about how Neighborhood Painting Inc can help you love your home again? Fill out the simple form to the right, or call us today!